he said "only two cushions per sofa."

she said "no floor standing speakers."

everything else we will work out on the way.

19 January 2012

she said....knitting all the way home


The last time I picked up a pair of knitting needles I was about 7.  Back then in the time it took my Nan create an entire jumper I was still trying to figure out what slip knot was and times haven't changed much.

This week I headed down to Drink, Shop, Do, which is place that is a mix of ..well drinking shopping and doing. Crammed with fabulous things to sit on, buy, drink and eat they also offer knitting lesson, with a cocktail on the side. How could i resist. 




Despite my lack of confidence, I actually got it! Thats right people, I now know the basics of knitting. OK, its taken about 4 hours to achieve enough to make a knitted sweat band but I am still going. So watch this space for glorious knitting results, the plan is a chunky knit bolster.  In the meantime here are some gorgeous knitted items that inspired the whole thing in the first place.


Left to right, stripe yellow and white pillow, Darkroom, £75, Knit Stools, Claire-Anne O'Brien. Knitted Blanket, Le Souk,  €249.95. Knitted Lampshade, Aria. Red and White pillow, Darkroom (as before) Mustard Poufs, Darkroom, £470.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...